Frequency Asked Questions
USA Tech Support
Technical & RMA Support
Support Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 5:00pm CST
Toll-Free Technical Support Line: 888-552-7487
Q︰Where can I find the Serial number on my graphics card?
A︰ Please refer to the picture below to locate the label on your card.
Q︰When I play the game Battlefield 3, the screen will black out or the system will hang after 5 minutes.
A︰ Please follow the steps
1. Run CMD with “run as Administrator”
2. Type bcdedit /set increaseuserva 3072 and press the Enter key.
Q︰I am unable to install the driver from the Sparkle install CD
A︰ If you are using Win7 or Vista operating system, please choose one of below steps to solve your problem.
(1): Browse contents of the Sparkle install CD and find the application “SmartIns.". Right click the mouse then select the “Run as Administrator”. Next, follow the install process.
(2): Change the UAC (User Account Control) setting to “Never notify” in the control panel. Run the driver CD install again.
Q︰My graphics card does not support Windows 7 aero glass
A︰You may need to update your driver to NVIDIA version 191.07 or newer. In addition to this, be sure to run the assessment tool (check the Windows Experience index) located in control panel/system.
Q︰There are 3 connectors on my graphic card, but I can only get 2 monitors to work at same time
A︰Many legacy model graphics cards only support 2 monitors running at same time. Some newer models support more than two simultaneously. Please check web page for technical specifications to see if your model is capable of three or more monitors.
Q︰How do I connect audio/video to my display via HDMI?
A: First, check if your graphics card model has an HDMI connector.
1) Connect the motherboard or sound card SPDIF_OUT to the graphics card SPDIF_IN with a 2 pin audio cable.
2) Configure HDMI audio in your sound card control panel. Identify sound device and set as default device if necessary.
3) Connect your TV/monitor and graphics card using an HDMI cable. Note: For some models an additional DVI to HDMI adapter is needed.
4) On some models SPDIF connection is not required. You can run audio/video through a single HDMI cable.
Q︰What is NVIDIA SLI technology?
A︰NVIDIA® SLI™ technology is a revolutionary platform innovation that allows you to intelligently scale graphics performance by combining multiple NVIDIA graphics solutions in a SLI-Certified motherboard. Now has two type of SLI.
SLI for Multi identical NVIDIA Graphic Cards
SLI for independent NVIDIA Graphic Cards and built-in NVIDIA Graphic Cards in nForce chipset based motherboard.
Q︰How do I configure SLI?
A: Choose an SLI_ready graphics card, SLI_ready motherboard and SLI-ready Power Supply Unit.
Insert the two or three identical graphics cards into the PCIe_16x slot on the motherboard. Attach graphics cards with SLI bridge Connector (if present). Connect your monitor to the first graphics card (nearest to the middle of your motherboard).
Power up your pc and enter CMOS settings (BIOS) to enable the SLI function. For help, refer to your motherboard user manual. Save settings and exit
Restart computer, boot into Windows and install the latest graphics card driver from CD or from download. After driver installation is complete the SLI function is default to be disabled, please enable it in NVIDIA Control Panel.
If your GAME is SLI ready, SLI will boost your game performance up to 2X than that of a single graphics card. Enjoy!!!!!
Q︰How do I set up a Hybrid SLI configuration?
Choose a Hybrid SLI ready graphics card, Hybrid SLI ready motherboard and SLI-ready Power Supply Unit.
Insert the graphics card into the PCIe_16x slot on the motherboard, and connect your monitor to the built-in (onboard) graphics output on your motherboard.
Boot your pc and enter CMOS settings (BIOS) to enable the Hybrid SLI function. For help, refer to your motherboard user manual. Save settings and exit.
- Restart computer, boot into Windows and install the latest graphics card driver from CD or from download. After driver installation is complete the SLI function is default to be disabled, please enable it in NVIDIA Control Panel.
- If your GAME is SLI ready, SLI will boost your game performance up to 2X than that of a single graphics card. Enjoy!!!!!
Q︰Will my 8400/9400 series PCI graphics card work in my old motherboard?
A︰Please verify the following:.
1) Your motherboard has PCI slot that supports PCI 2.0+ spec.
2) Your motherboard has the latest bios update available installed.
3) Your motherboard CMOS (BIOS) has configuration option to toggle between PCI/AGP or PCI/PCIe;